Note: The best way to stay abreast of Pacific Rim Sculptors' happenings is to sign up for our monthly newsletter. This is a feature of being a member. You'll be pleased!
- Our Annual International Sculpture Day Party and Sale was Saturday. April 23rd 2016 from 6-9 pm. This included art by Pacific Rim Sculpture members on view throughout the month of April at the Art Object Gallery, located at 592 N 5th St, San Jose, California 95112. For pictures, see Photos on Flickr.
- Our Annual Holiday Party was on December 20, 2015 in San Francisco. This was also a sculpture PopUp Show.
- The Pacific Rim Sculptors Oliver Ranch Sculptor Collection Tour was on Sunday, October 4th, 2015 at 9am. Thank you to our volunteers who helped to make this trip a resounding success!
- The ISC sponsored the Grounds for Sculpture show in October 2015. Eight of our members were selected for the show!
- We had a holiday party and pop-up sculpture show December 14th, 2014 in San Francisco. A grand time was had by all.
- The ISC visited us here in the Bay Area in November 2014. We had a general members meeting which coincided with their visit. It was wonderful to meet new sculptors and see familiar faces again.
Richmond Art Center 2540 Barrett Ave, Richmond CA 94804. www.therac.org
Two Part Exhibition of Art By Pacific Rim Sculptors, Juried By John Toki
Part 1: June 14th - July 11th
Patricia Bangston Jones, Kati Casida, Claudia Chapline, Kathy deRosas, Maj-Britt Hilstrom, Bette Linderman, Rosy Penhallow, Darrell Phelps, Virginia Stearns, Nelcy Tarics, Cyrus Tilton, Lynne Todaro, Patricia Vader, James Watts, Jane Woolverton
Part 2: July 22nd - Aug 22
Anya Behn, Danielle Fafchamps, Eileen Fitz-Faulkner, Dan Good, Cynthia Handel, Maru Hoeber, Patricia Hulin, Kristen Lindseth, Oleg Lobykin, Flavia Krasilchik, Catherine Merrill, Jann Nunn, Jeff Owen, Ellen Sasaki, Adele Seltzer, Leitha Thrall, Clayton Theil, Ruth Tabancay, Rene Dayan-Whitehead
Past Teaching Event:
Digital Imagery for artists
Artists: Are you confused about applying for exhibitions online? Tired of asking your friends and family for help? Or maybe you'd just like to have a better understanding about how to manage and save your photos of artwork. Check out our upcoming workshop sponsored by PACRIM and the Mission College Art Dept.
Digital Imagery for Artists Topics: How to upload pictures for juried exhibits and competitions File formats: JPEG, TIFF, PSD.
File size: determining, changing, Color Modes, etc.
Location: Mission College Room E2-202, 2nd floor of Main Building – enter from outdoor balcony 3000 Mission College Blvd. Santa Clara, CA 95054
When: Sunday July 27th, 2-4 p.m. 2014
Who: Open to all – Free to PACRIM members and Mission Students $10 for guests and others
About the Instructor: Kristin Lindseth has taught Digital Art for several years at Mission College. She has also taught Drawing there, and teaches Figure Sculpture at the Triton Museum. She has recently re-joined Pacific Rim Sculptors, and her work will be in Part 2 of the Richmond Art Center exhibit.
Oakwilde Ranch and Sculpture park to see the exhibition 52 Artists on 52 Acres.
Juror: Tony Natsoulus
When: Saturday, April 19th.
Where: Oakwilde Ranch and Sculpture Park, 7111 S. Burson Road, Valley Springs, CA
Time: 11 am to whenever they kick us out.
Other Past Events:
- Pacific Rim Sculptors End-of-Year celebratory party: Sunday December 15 from 3-7 PM at 1890 Bryant Street Studios in San Francisco's Mission District.
- Saturday September 28th, 2013 some of us went to the Douglas & Sturgess DIY event and heard lectures about moldmaking, cold-casting, and other topics. There were delicious snacks, and some demonstrations of some interesting creations by other artists.
- There was also a visit to the Richmond Art Center's Bella retrospective.
- Saturday June 8th, 2013 6:30-8:30pm we had a meeting in SF to discuss some important possibilities for our organization.
- We visited the Zero1 Biennial in San Jose, CA, in September 2012.
ZERO1 exhibition design concept image courtesy of Christopher Haas.
- We toured American Steel Studios in Oakland, CA, in August 2012. Founder Karen Cusolito showed us around.
Joe Theriault and components of "Star Seed," a sculpture by Kate Raudenbush of New York.
Jeff Owen took this shot from American Steel Studios; here's his photo documentary of the tour.
Arthur Comings also wrote an article about American Steel Studios for examiner.com.
- We spent an evening at Transmission Gallery in Oakland, CA in November 2012. The owner gave a great talk about the gallery and explained how to apply for a show there.
Interior of the Transmission Gallery.
- Our members' show, "Beyond Gaga," was a big success at Works/San Jose Gallery, in February 2013 in San Jose, CA.